iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011. In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $200million of proceeds.
This additional capital will allow us to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage its fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients. For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
Within its Preclinical Department, iTeos is looking for a talented, creative and highly motivated (Sr.) Scientist with expertise in immuno-oncology or immunology research to join the Discovery Team. The successful candidate will play a key role in the discovery, investigation and validation of new targets to expand the iTeos pipeline and help develop breakthrough cancer immunotherapies. In this role, he/she will work independently and as part of a team to generate robust in vitro data packages on one or more IO targets, helping to guide decision making and timely progression to development and clinical trials. He/she will also support our current preclinical programs by leveraging his/her expertise across the different projects and working in close interaction with the pharmacology and translational medicine teams. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and talented scientist eager to contribute in a meaningful way to the development of innovative IO drugs for cancer patients.
• PhD and/or post-doc in (Tumour) Immunology
• 3 to 5 years of relevant hands-on experience in the biotech/pharma industry or in a similar academic position. Familiarity with drug development would be an advantage.
• Strong expertise in immunology techniques such as primary cell isolation, setting-up immune cell based assays (in vitro stimulation of immune cells, suppression assays, antigen recall assays for example) and advanced flow cytometry are indispensable.
• Additional molecular cell biology/immunology techniques are important assets (ELISA/MSD/Luminex, qPCR, gene expression analysis or CRISPR-based genomic screening tools), as is familiarity with automation.
• Strong track record of scientific publications or productivity (posters, presentations, etc.).
• Excellent command of English (oral and written).
• Committed and detail-oriented, you have a strong sense of time management and a good ability to adapt to changes in priorities.
• You are both autonomous and a team player with an inquisitive mindset and strong problem-solving skills.
• You are very open-minded and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company
• The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment
• A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills
• A permanent contract with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, mention the reference SS-IOTV in the mail object. Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.
For our recruitments in Belgium, we closely collaborate with a Recruitment & Selection company, PaHRtners. Your application will be automatically forwarded to them. We, together with PaHRtners, will keep all your data confidential (GDPR compliant approach).