ABOUT ITEOS THERAPEUTICS
iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011.
In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $230million of gross proceeds. In June 2021, iTeos entered into a transformative $2.145 billion co-development and co-commercialization agreement with GSK for EOS-448, iTeos’s anti-TIGITmonoclonal antibody. As a well-capitalized biotech company iTeos is positioned to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage our fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class biotech in cancer immunotherapy. To carry on its growth, expand its pipeline and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a Search and Evaluation Director.
ROLE: Search and Evaluation Director
The Director of Search and Evaluation (S&E) is a senior role in the Business Development & Licensing organization at iTeos Therapeutics supporting business development and licensing initiatives and has a direct impact on the success of the Immuno-Oncology R&D strategy and portfolio. The S&E function is responsible for proactively scouting external innovation to augment iTeos’ discovery and R&D. By forming cross-functional teams of internal subject matter experts, the Director of S&E will conduct technical due diligence activities that ensure an in-depth understanding of strategic in-licensing and strategic opportunities. Through effectively synthesizing and communicating potential investment opportunities, the role holder will enable strategic decision-making to ensure that iTeos’ pipeline meet the strategic objectives of the firm. The successful candidate will have a strong R&D scientific and clinical background, proven project and people leadership, business and strategic acumen and excellent communication skills. In addition, the candidate will have an ability to engage and collaborate across organizational boundaries with an entrepreneurial attitude by acting with urgency and agility.
- The Search and Evaluation of external in-licensing opportunities emanating from academia, VC, biotech including early research projects, new modality platforms, clinical stage candidates and Life Cycle Management (LCM) opportunities for our pipeline assets and franchises that can enhance the scientific credibility of iTeos’s R&D portfolio.
- Establishing and leading Due Diligence teams and processes (for preclinical and early clinical assets) to drive the rigorous scientific evaluation of potential assets and deliver clear recommendations to key governance bodies including the Executive Committee (ExCom).
- Collaborate with colleagues in R&D and BD anto identify and opportunities to build the pipeline.
- Serves as the primary point of contact with the external partner throughout the deal process including during submission and negotiation of term sheet through to definitive agreement execution.
- Works collaboratively with the Transactional lead within the BD team during negotiation of any term sheet or definitive agreement.
- Serving as the internal lead in both preparation and presentation of business case and other materials for senior management briefings with support from the R&D and BD.
- Working with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams to ensure effective communication, efficient decision-making, to support completion of transactions in a timely manner.
- Best represents iTeos’s scientific excellence through a deep understanding of the portfolio and ensures iTeos is considered a partner of choice.
- Expert in industry trends in oncology including awareness of immuno-oncology competitor datasets in iTeos areas of strategic focus.
- Create a dynamic, entrepreneurial and externally facing organization which enables an internally and externally collaborative culture with calculated risk taking.
- 5-10+ years in oncology (ideal if within immuno-oncology) life sciences industry with PhD / MD / PharmD, plus ideally a post-doc or MBA experience.
- Strong scientific reputation in drug discovery and development.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior executive teams.
- Proven innovation driven leadership abilities in a drug discovery environment with demonstrable knowledge of pre-clinical and clinical R&D.
- A strong track record of building successful internal/external partnership and collaboration relationships, demonstrating cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Extensive experience in pharmaceutical R&D, demonstrating international experience in multiple cultures and drug discovery / clinical environments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence experienced professionals.
- Ability to think critically, creatively and to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communicator who takes responsibility for decisions made. Role model engagement and commitment.
- Demonstrate accountability for driving business performance.
- Lead change based on future business demands.
- Appreciate that scientific expertise needs to be balanced with business leadership.
- Able to actively seek collaboration across the organization in a complex matrix structure
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills
- An employment agreement with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to the following address : email@example.com. Please, mention the reference SE-D in the mail object. Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.
For our recruitments, we closely collaborate with a Recruitment & Selection company, Crossoversearch. Your application will be automatically forwarded to them. We, together with Crossoversearch, will keep all your data confidential (GDPR compliant approach).