ABOUT ITEOS THERAPEUTICS SA
iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011. In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $200 million in gross proceeds.
This additional capital will allow us to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage its fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
ROLE: Research Assistant – Immunology, R&D
Within its Preclinical Department, iTeos is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Research Assistant. The successful candidate will help develop breakthrough cancer immunotherapies through laboratory work, supporting the validation of new IO targets but also the discovery of small molecules and biologics for the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies. In this role, the candidate will work independently and as part of a team to generate robust in vitro/ex vivo data packages, helping to guide decision making and timely progression to development and clinical trials. The lab is equipped with state-of-the art technologies to study both in vitro and in vivo experimental models of immunology and cancer.
- Design, validate and perform experimental in vitro and ex vivo immunoassays on human and mouse samples, using Standard Operating Procedures. Time keeping in the lab is evaluated around 80%.
- Characterize immune responses ex vivo and in vitro by designing FACS panels, performing flow cytometry and analyzing cytokines/chemokines secretion by ELISA/MSD/Luminex/CBA.
- Perform in vitro cell culture assays and maintain tumor cell lines.
- Recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Compile, summarize and analyze data to present them at project team meetings.
- Propose and implement novel assays or technologies.
- Collaborate with other project stakeholders and discuss assay results with them.
- Master degree in Life Sciences, Immunology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, or closely related field.
- Hands-on experience in setting-up human or mouse immune cell-based assays (isolation, handling of primary immune cells) and multicolor flow cytometry is highly desirable.
- Additional cell culture and molecular cell biology techniques are important assets (ELISA, qPCR, experience with MSD or Luminex platform, gene expression analysis).
- Previous experience in the biotech/pharma industry or in a similar academic position is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Prism is a plus.
- Knowledge of cytometry software such as Diva and FlowJo is a plus.
- Good command of English (oral and written).
- Rigorous, detail-oriented, organized, autonomous, committed, and flexible.
- Team spirit and an inquisitive mindset with strong problem-solving skills are essentials.
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, mention the reference RA-I in the mail object. Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.
For our recruitments in Belgium, we closely collaborate with a Recruitment & Selection company, PaHRtners. Your application will be automatically forwarded to them. We, together with PaHRtners, will keep all your data confidential (GDPR compliant approach).