ABOUT ITEOS THERAPEUTICS
iTeos Therapeutics is a privately-held, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011.
In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $230million of gross proceeds. In June 2021, iTeos entered into a transformative $2.145 billion co-development and co-commercialization agreement with GSK for EOS-448, iTeos’s anti-TIGIT monoclonal antibody. As a well-capitalized biotech company, iTeos is positioned to continue to develop our pipeline and maintain investment in our discovery research team to leverage our expertise in tumor immunology to improve the lives of cancer patients.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class biotech in cancer immunotherapy. To carry on its growth, expand its pipeline and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a Head of Project Management.
ROLE: Head of Project Management
iTeos Therapeutics is seeking a collaborative, dynamic and enthusiastic individual to be responsible for the oversight and coordination of cross-functional global clinical projects to ensure that they are completed in a cost-efficient, timely and efficient manner, while assuring quality. The successful candidate will be an experienced, driven and collaborative project and people manager who can help create and maintain systems for effective project management in a rapidly growing organization.
Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer, the Head of Project Management will lead the development of the operational plans for all deliverables across two growing clinical programs and preclinical programs. Main responsibilities include coordination and direction of the clinical functions, resource planning, financial oversight, and providing expertise and strategic guidance. The job holder will serve as a functional leader, line manager, a key member of the Clinical Development Leadership Team, and a subject matter expert, and will work collaboratively with the Project Heads, and other senior or functional leaders to achieve departmental and corporate objectives and initiatives. With extensive industry knowledge and experience, the job holder will evaluate the project management systems, make recommendations on optimal project staffing, and will pro-actively seek to improve the efficiency and quality of project execution. Specifically, the Head of Project Management will:
- Inspire and lead the project management team, to set and achieve ambitious goals to progress our R&D programs and achieve our objectives, while maintaining quality
- Serve on the Clinical Development Leadership Team, working closely with other members of the team to oversee, plan for and execute iTeos’ Clinical Development projects
- Identify resource gaps and risks for R&D projects and work closely with the CMO and ExCom to ensure appropriate resourcing and risk mitigation across projects.
- Participate in Clinical Strategy meetings, providing input into operational aspects of the programs and identifying opportunities for acceleration, risks
- With the project management team and cross-functional managers, provide rapid analysis of options and trade-offs between timelines, budgets, and execution goals and presentation of scenarios for joint decision-making on the optimal strategy.
- Implement project management systems and tools to ensure appropriate planning and tracking of project activities
- Scientific or technical training or advanced degree (such as master's degree, Pharm.D., or Ph.D.) is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of technical/operational experience in R&D project management within the biopharmaceutical industry, with experience in oncology. Experience managing complex programs with late-stage studies is required. Experience with BLA/NDA/MAA submission is preferred. Experience with corporate alliances is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the drug development process from pre-clinical steps through registration and post-registration.
- Understanding of functional areas of drug development, including preclinical, toxicology, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, CMC/drug supply, translational medicine, data sciences and clinical operations.
- Thorough understanding of relevant ICH and GCP guidelines and other applicable international regulations.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and ability to influence senior leaders and stakeholders in terms of project execution strategy.
- Experience managing project managers and engaging teams without direct authority.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English (oral and written communication).
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of the time (internationally and domestically). A well-qualified remote worker will be considered if there is ability and willingness to be present on site ~50% of the time.
- Resourceful, collaborative, detail oriented.
- Approaches challenges with creativity and pragmatism. Ability to work in a fast-moving and challenging biotech environment.
- Inspirational team leader and manager willing to take on and achieve challenging operational goals
- Ability to manage cultural differences
- Ability to engage teams to achieve goals without direct authority.
- Driven to move the R&D programs forward with urgency while maintaining quality.
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, respectful and professional environment
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills
- An employment agreement contract with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, mention the reference HPM in the message subject. Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.