ABOUT ITEOS THERAPEUTICS
iTeos Therapeutics is a privately-held, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011.
In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $200million of gross proceeds.
This additional capital will allow us to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage its fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class actor in the sector. To carry on its growth and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a Global Head Business Development.
As our Global Head of Business Development, based in Gosselies (Belgium), you will be responsible for external collaboration and relationship management, supporting contract administration, maintaining business intelligence and aiding in development of corporate strategy and initiatives.
1. Partnering and Alliance Management:
- Working with the COO, plan, establish, manage, and maintain the overall policies and goals for a business development department.
- Assist in developing partnering/licensing objectives, policies and programs, initiating proposals, negotiations and preparing presentations for the acquisition of partnering/licensing opportunities and technologies.
- Deliver capability presentations to prospective partners as needed to support iTeos’ reputation as a partner-of-choice.
- Develops financial models supporting deal terms and negotiation strategies for licensing transactions (working with finance organization).
- Develop term sheet and negotiation strategies for inlicensing and outlicensing projects, while consulting with COO as strategies are developed.
- Communicate back to internal groups the outcome of the negotiations/proposals focusing on conveying the expectations set forth for each group i.e. clear details, critical timeframes, and expectations.
- Serve as primary advocate for the Alliance teams and products; coordinate alignment between iTeos and Alliance governance committees.
- Work to ensure appropriate allocation of resources for the Alliance.
- Anticipate areas of potential conflict within the Alliance and take preventative measures
- Arbitrate and resolve disputes between parties.
- Develop and maintain a reputation as a dependable and responsive resource for Alliance colleagues.
- Serve as point of contact for Senior Management regarding Alliance matters
2. Market Research and Competitive Intelligence:
- In conjunction with senior scientific staff, plans and evaluates projects by performing market research, determining the project’s financial viability and planning a marketing strategy.
- Responsible for identifying market and competitive trends.
- Create concise and complete reports of oncology and inflammation markets (US and Global).
- Communicate trends to senior management.
- Support corporate strategic initiatives by providing customer insights into the development of competitive products at all stages of development.
- Lead primary and secondary research interactions with Competitive Intelligence and Market Resaerch firms, including collaboration with iTeos medical organization in the development of discussion guides, TPPs, etc.
3. Contract Management:
- Reviews and approves all contractual documents for protection of the company’s contractual posture and adherence to company policy.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Ensure the timely implementation of contractual obligations; maintain a detailed understanding of the executed agreement in order to advise team members of contract requirements.
- Oversees the preparation, negotiation, management, and acceptance of government and/or commercial contracts.
- MBA in related area with at least 12 years in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, and 8-10 years business development, corporate development or licensing with a proven track record of sourcing and executing licensing transactions. Strong deal sheet demonstrating success across broad variety of deal structures/types. Post-graduate science degree a plus. Experience in healthcare consulting, investment banking, or venture capital, will also be considered.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the pharmaceutical industry. Demonstrated understanding of the drug development process, operations and key organizational interfaces with a broad range of functions including, commercial, business development, R&D, clinical development, new product planning, finance and legal.
- Observed strength and expertise in working within matrix teams, including cross-cultural teams and of influencing without authority to achieve desired outcomes.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Experience with budgeting processes
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- An employement agreement with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to the following address : email@example.com. Please, mention the reference BD-AD in the mail object. Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.
For our recruitments in Belgium, we closely collaborate with a Recruitment & Selection company, PaHRtners. Your application will be automatically forwarded to them. We, together with PaHRtners, will keep all your data confidential (GDPR compliant approach).