ABOUT ITEOS THERAPEUTICS SA
iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011.
In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $200million of gross proceeds.
This additional capital will allow us to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage its fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class actor in the sector. To carry on its growth and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a Global Controller to actively participate in building the foundations of an effective financial reporting infrastructure and be a key member of the leadership team as the company continues its expansion.
As our Global Controller, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), you will be part of a high performing finance team and lead our US accounting, technical accounting and financial reporting teams and will be closely involved in the oversight of our accounting operations teams in the EU. In this role you will bring strong leadership skills and an expertise in U.S. GAAP to provide insightful solutions in our exciting, fast-paced environment. You will partner closely with others across our organization to add valuable insights that help drive business decisions in a high growth environment. This position is a key financial strategic partner and plays a key role in supporting the growth of the business and reports directly to the CFO (Chief Financial Officer).
The successful candidate will be results-oriented with excellent communication and technical accounting skills, able to leverage mutually beneficial cross-functional relationships and experienced in overseeing consolidated results for a fast growing Biotech company.
You should be highly organized and will be an effective multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize key initiatives, with strong attention to detail and a dedication to quality in all diferents tasks.
- Responsible for consolidated financial results by overseeing consolidated monthly and quarterly financial close processes, including regional reporting close package submissions, consolidation activities, review of key areas of judgment and key general ledger account reconciliations to ensure the accurate and timely preparation of our consolidated financial statements
- Responsible for key technical accounting judgments and policies, including oversight, implementation and execution of new accounting guidance
- Ensure appropriate documentation of accounting treatment of complex and highly judgmental areas, relevant literature and conclusions
- Support and review accounting for all unique/one-time transactions
- Oversee preparation and review of SEC filings, including quarterly and annual reporting and proxy statement
- Collaborate with our internal teams to ensure relevant information is shared timely, including tax, treasury, FP&A, human resources, legal and others as needed.
- Act as a key liaison to our external auditors, oversee management of our integrated audit and reviews, and manage external consultant relationships
- Preparation of quarterly results presentation for Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee
- Oversee the Company’s internal controls compliance, working to strengthen internal controls and ensure the control environment is operating effectively in a dynamic and scaling setting
- Identify and implement process improvements as part of continuous improvement initiatives including the implementation of a new external reporting tool
- Undertake and manage special projects and other reporting needs as required
- Supervise a high-performing and growing team of direct and indirect reports
- Ensure team members remain motivated, challenged through learning opportunities and guided in their professional development with an effective coaching relationship
- Continue to evolve and develop an accounting infrastructure that will support significant growth and effectively scale with increased complexity
- Partner with our accounting teams based outside of the United States on key initiatives
- Advise key business partners on accounting implications of various transactions
- Continuously improve processes across the accounting team to enable effectiveness and efficiency, including assessing and implementing new technology solutions where needed
- Participate in the broader biotech and accounting communities to build awareness to industry best practices and lessons learned
- Bachelor or master’s degree in accounting required
- Minimum 12+ years relevant experience, including 5+ years in an accounting leadership capacity at a public company required
- CPA license required
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience strongly preferred
- Global commercial biotech experience strongly preferred
- Previous consolidation and financial reporting experience required
- Hands on experience with SOX processes and procedures; demonstrated ability to assess and manage controls over aspects of financial reporting and GL activities
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
For this position based in Cambridge (MA, USA), we closely collaborate with a Recruitment & Selection company, Manning Personnel Group. Your application will be automatically forwarded to them. We, together with Manning Personnel Group, will keep all your data confidential (GDPR compliant approach ).