Reporting to the US based Finance Director, you are responsible for the overall supervision of all Belgian day-to-day financial activities (including external consultants) and in charge, with the support of external consultants, of the group internal controls.
- External reporting:
- Preparation of quarterly and annual US GAAP consolidated accounts (with external consultants)
- Management of the relationship with external auditors and financial consultants
- Preparation of the Audit Committee
- Budgeting, financial reporting and controlling
- Supervision of financial book-keeping and external accountants:
- In charge of cost/management accounting
- Preparation of budgets & plans and monthly, quarterly & annual reporting.
- Follow-up of expenses and in particular projects or activities related costs, in coordination with the scientific and clinical teams.
- Identification and analysis of significant gaps between budget and actuals.
- Forecasts and specific financial analysis requested by top management
- Presentation to and review of financial position with top management
- Tools, systems and procedures:
- Define, implement and maintain adequate internal controls (Sox compliance is foreseen in the future)
- Selection, implementation & maintenance of accounting and ERP systems
- Review, development, optimization and implementation of accounting procedures
- Follow up of transfer pricing policy and associated documentation (with external advisors)
- Follow up of Belgian tax position (with external advisors)
- Treasury forecast, FX risk management
- Payments management
- Support to specific projects such as IPO preparation, Sox implementation and follow-up, etc.
- You hold a University Degree (Master degree in economics, finance or related).
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in controlling and reporting activities (in the Life sciences sector is a plus). Your latest experience involves internal controls in, ideally, a Sox environment.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in areas of financial analysis/reporting, budgeting, internal controls, auditing, working capital and cash flow management, forecasting & consolidated reporting, risk assessment and continuous improvement.
- You have good knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP standards.
- You master Standard Office tools and BOB (or other accounting software) and you are familiar with ERP.
- You are perfectly fluent in French and English (oral and written).
- You are willing to travel to the U.S. (possible travels to Boston).
- Organized and rigorous, you have a good ability to adapt to changes in priorities.
- Although autonomous, you have a high ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- You are very open-minded and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, energetic, self-starter
- Approaches challenges with creativity and pragmatism
- Ability to engage team to achieve goals without direct authority
- A stimulating scientific position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- Varied contacts inside the company, the biotech/pharma sector and the scientific world.
- A long-term contract and an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
For our recruitments in Belgium, we closely collaborate with a Recruitment & Selection company, PaHRtners. Your application will be automatically forwarded to them. We, together with PaHRtners, will keep all your data confidential (GDPR compliant approach).