ABOUT ITEOS THERAPEUTICS
iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS) clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Headquartered in Cambridge, MA with a subsidiary in Gosselies, Belgium, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011.
In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $230million of gross proceeds. In June 2021, iTeos entered into a transformative $2.145 billion co-development and co-commercialization agreement with GSK for EOS-448, iTeos’s anti-TIGITmonoclonal antibody. As a well-capitalized biotech company iTeos is positioned to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage our fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
ROLE : Director Total Rewards (US HR Lead)
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class biotech in cancer immunotherapy with a team of 100 collaborators. To carry on its growth, expand its pipeline and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a Director – Total Rewards / HR lead US.
Reporting to the Vice President Human Resources, the Director, Total Rewards will play an integral role in the strategic planning, development, enhancement, administration, and communication of the company's Total Rewards policies and programs as well as being the HR lead for our US headquarters
As a key player in a broad, robust, hands-on individual contributor role, you will design and administer the company's executive and employee compensation programs, as well as company-wide benefits plans including the employee health plans, 401K, Life Insurance, etc.
Partnering closely with the VP Human Resources and the Executive Leadership Team, you will ensure that all company programs promote the organization’ strategic objectives and “Pay-for-Performance” culture, and ensure that they are competitive, cost effective and sustainable. You will manage the annual benchmark cycles to ensure that the Company is able to effectively attract and retain employees from a pay/rewards perspective.
As Total Rewards leader, you will balance tactical and strategic initiatives with a hands-on, team-oriented approach, as a significant individual contributor, a growing clinical stage pharmaceutical with multiple clinical initiatives towards long term commercialization.
The following responsibilities apply to all areas of Total Rewards, including executive compensation, employee compensation and company-wide benefits plans.
As HR lead for the US, you are responsible for providing overall human resources leadership and support to US based executives, managers and employees.
- Effectively design, implement and manage the compensation and benefits strategy, philosophy, programs, policies and initiatives to ensure that they are aligned with the company overall business strategy, priorities, and corporate culture.
- Proactively ensure compensation and benefits programs are competitive, sustainable and scalable based on market assessment and our business strategy to maximize the Company's ability to attract and retain top talents in the biotechnology space.
- Assess Market trends and provide recommendations for Benefit program enhancements, identify unique market differentiators for the Company.
- Partner with the VP HR to assess, develop and design new and existing executive compensation programs, as well as prepare and develop presentations for Compensation Committee meetings. Attend Compensation Committee meetings, and depending on experience, potentially participate in presentations.
- Partnering with the VP HR, you will lead the annual compensation planning process to ensure successful delivery, competitiveness and alignment with compensation philosophy.
- Develop training programs to educate the company's leaders, managers and colleagues on the company’s compensation and benefits programs.
- Lead the evaluation and alignment of individual positions, job levels and career families.
- Lead the development of the health and welfare benefits strategy and direct the design, implementation, communication and cost control of health and welfare benefit programs for employees.
- Lead annual Compensation Cycle, STI Bonus payout, Salary Survey reviews, LTI communication and vesting cycle for US Headquarter.
- Ensure the Company’s compensation and benefits plans comply with US and relevant ex-US legal and other regulations and manage processes and controls to ensure ongoing compliance with those regulations.
- Provide guidance on new hire compensation proposals and promotional increase cycles.
- Manage Annual Benefit Enrollment period and all year compliance reporting and communication.
- Partner with external vendors, brokers and consultants in compensation and benefit areas to ensure the company is positioned competitively and stays current on market trends and changes in the life sciences industry.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communication strategy for compensation and benefit programs and identify opportunities to enhance employment.
- Develop, engage and facilitate proactive and effective messaging to educate employees as well as support the company s growth and strategic plan.
- Communicate effectively across the organization and develop strategic partnerships with Executive Leadership, Legal, and Finance Teams.
- Act as the main contact person for all HR matters and provide general Human Resources services to all US-based colleagues, consistent with corporate and local policies and applicable HR laws. This includes but is not limited to recruitment, facilitating new hire orientation, conducting employee benefit enrollment meetings, managing employee relations, etc.
- Support the HR team and the overall organization with implementation of HR programs, projects and initiatives.
- Partner with finance and accounting functions on compensation plan administration and tracking.
- Master degree or equivalent and HR certification preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in broad-based compensation, executive, and incentive plan strategy, design, and administration.
- A Minimum of five years experience in:
- Building, leading and managing a successful Total Rewards/Compensation and Benefits function in a public biotech/pharmaceutical company, to include:
- executive compensation,
- corporate governance,
- short term incentive planning and long-term equity pay programs.
- executive compensation design.
- developing international compensation and benefits programs.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as HR generalist / manager providing the full range of HR support.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills to effectively communicate compensation strategies at all levels, from administrative to the C-Suite.
- Ability to establish strong rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in preparing presentations to Compensation Committees of the Board.
- Demonstrated good judgment, strong business acumen, effective influencing and leadership skills, as well as strong assessment and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing environment.
- Knowledge of leading practices and external trends in compensation, benefits and HR systems. Knowledge of current practices in equity plan administration including understanding and managing plan provisions, understanding implications of plan changes and related costs, and understanding of current equity best practices.
- Leadership skills balanced with a willingness to play a 'hands-on' role with key projects.
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- An employment agreement with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, mention the reference DTR-HR in the message subject. Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.
For our recruitments in US, we closely collaborate with a Recruitment & Selection company, Manning. Your application will be automatically forwarded to them. We, together with Manning, will keep all your data confidential (GDPR compliant approach).