ABOUT ITEOS THERAPEUTICS, INC
iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of patients with cancer by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011.
In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO, raising over $230 million of gross proceeds. In June 2021, the Company entered into a transformative $2.145 billion co-development and co-commercialization agreement with GSK for EOS-448, the Company’s anti-TIGIT monoclonal antibody. As a well-capitalized biotech company, we are positioned to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage our innovative science to improve the lives of patients with cancer.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class actor in the sector. To carry on its growth and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a Contract Attorney.
ROLE: Contract Attorney
iTeos is seeking to add an attorney for a newly created role. Reporting to the VP, Head of Legal, the Contract Attorney will take the lead on a range of legal matters, including a wide array of agreements (e.g., clinical trial, confidentiality, master service, material transfer, license, collaboration and consulting agreements), and provide legal support to the organization as it continues to grow its pipeline and moves into later stage clinical development and commercialization.
As a critical contributor to iTeos’s legal function, the Contract Attorney will have frequent interactions with internal stakeholders across multiple functional groups such as clinical, research and development, CMC, finance and information technology, as well as across regions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- The negotiation, drafting and management of a high-volume of specialized agreements necessary for the day-to-day operations of a biotechnology company. These agreements include service agreements, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, statements of work, material transfer agreements and sponsored research and licensing agreements.
- Partnering with the clinical development organization to proactively facilitate the efficient drafting, negotiation, and execution of contracts for all phases of clinical development, including clinical trial agreements, informed consent forms, contract research organization agreements, and other trial-related agreements.
- Provide legal support across the organization, including quickly and effectively identifying complex legal and compliance issues and providing advice in a manner that integrates legal risk management with the company’s business objectives.
- Assist and develop templates for use by internal clients and the legal team.
- Stay current with evolving legal guidance and partner with key stakeholders to develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Support corporate transactions, including the due diligence process.
- Manage and complete any additional projects or legal matters as needed, including general corporate matters.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- 4-6 years of experience representing life sciences companies
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex legal documents in the pharmaceutical industry; ex-US experience is strongly preferred but not required
- Expertise and working knowledge in all areas of current laws, regulations, and industry standards governing US and international clinical trials, including FDA regulations, ICH guidelines, GCP guidelines, as well as data protection and privacy laws
- A team player with strong relationship-building skills, able to collaborate with colleagues and take a business-oriented approach while identifying and balancing risks and providing accurate and pragmatic advice
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and great follow-up skills are essential
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage and drive projects cross-functionally across departments
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities, and the ability to quickly adjust to shifting priorities and demanding deadlines when necessary
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and efficiently
- Proficient with standard Office software applications (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- An attractive compensation and benefit package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Please send your CV along with an adapted cover letter to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the reference CA in the mail object. Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.