iTeos Therapeutics has the ambition to become a world-class actor in the sector. To carry on its growth and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is offering a full time position as Project Head - A2AR Antagonist (M/F).
ROLE: Project Head, A2AR antagonist
The Project Head for the A2AR program will be a key member of iTeos Therapeutics’ Team and be responsible for the development strategy and the execution of the EOS100850 program. This role requires leadership of a multifunctional project team, including clinical development, clinical operations, safety, regulatory affairs, translational medicine, project management, drug supply and CMC. This position will report to the CMO and will have extensive interface with the senior management team and will also play a key role in the leadership of our Gosselies R&D site.
- Works closely with the CMO and other members of the corporate leadership team to ensure optimal development of the company’s “flagship” program
- Responsible for developing innovative drug development strategies and working with the cross-functional project team to set ambitious goals and to ensure efficient execution.
- Provides indirect oversight for project team members to ensure that project-related objectives are met and effective representation of each function is provided
- Responsible for developing and maintaining integrated project plan documents and for proposing annual project objectives
- With the project team, provides an annual budget to enable to project plan, updating as necessary, and manages the project team expenses.
- Plans and leads project team meetings and works with project management to facilitate decision-making within the team and document decisions taken.
- Identifies and characterizes key project risks and institutes risk management or mitigation strategies
- Monitors the competitive environment (both related to the class of drug and to the indications under study), analyses the impact of new data, and communicates updates to the leadership and project teams.
- Interfaces with preclinical teams on other adenosine-pathway programs
- Works with other Directors to provide leadership and oversight at the Gosselies, Belgium R&D site
- Advanced degree in a scientific or health-related field
- Seasoned professional with at least 10 years in the biopharmaceutical industry, including drug development experience in Oncology and project leadership experience
- Exceptional communication, writing and presentation skills to articulate complex strategy and decision-making both internally and externally
- In-depth working knowledge of early and late- stage drug development
- Dynamic leader with experience managing a multifunctional team and leading through influence
- Experience with non-clinical aspects of the development of small molecule therapeutics, including a strong understanding of CMC for drug substance and drug product
- Able to work across cultures and geographies and willingness to travel up to 20% of time for conferences and team management
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, energetic, self-starter
- Approaches challenges with creativity and pragmatism
- Ability to engage team to achieve goals without direct authority
- A stimulating leadership and scientific position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- A permanent contract and an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.